Jody Zink Realtor

419-938-4184      Email Jody | About Us | Blog

facebooklinked intwitterwordpress
exp realty logo

NOW you can apply for the homebuyer tax credit from your 2009 purchase!

by Jody Zink, Realtor on January 1st, 2010

It’s now 2010! So you can now file your tax return for 2009 and apply for the tax credit you’ve been wondering about! What an incentive to file early.

First-time homebuyers can get back 10 percent of the purchase price UP TO $8,000, and up to $6,500 for repeat buyers who’ve lived in their home for 5+ years. (Those repeat buyers need to have closed AFTER Nov. 6, 2009 to claim the cash.)

According to my accountant, you need IRS Form 5405. Fill it out with love and care. BTW—if you do file Form 5405, you won’t be able to e-file. That’s to reduce all the fraudulent claims the feds are slammed with. Boo. Way to ruin it for all us law-abiding citizens.

Also…. here’s another link that may be helpful in claiming your funds!

PS—there’s still time to cash in on the credit but time is running out. Not to sound “salesy,” but you’ve only got until April 30.

PPS. I’d love to help you meet that deadline. Won’t you call me? 419-215-8026. Feel free to put it on speed dial. Really. I’m not kidding.

My priorities are simple. They’re yours.

You can search for property in Ohio and Michigan here.

From → Buyers